Wednesday, January 13, 2016

GIS4043 - Week1 - ArcGIS Overview


This is my first week in GIS4043.  In this week's lab assignment I was able to successfully login to ArcGIS and upload the Cities and Countries data files provided by the instructor.   Using these files I was able to follow the assignment tasks to learn about different features and settings that can be used to create, modify, and define a map.   Additionally, I learned how to find specific information about the countries in the map that I created.  Finally, we were required to use the Help Library and Search tool in order to know how and where to seek assistance regarding ArcGIS.  Since I have no prior experience using ArcGIS I found the assignment instructions very helpful.  My map is a map displaying world countries and select cities.  The individual countries are color shaded on a graduated scale to denote their country's estimated population size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment