Friday, January 8, 2016

GIS3015 - Orientation Module - My Story

Hi, I am excited and nervous about taking classes (GIS 3015/GIS 4043)!   It has been 23 years since I took an online class and a lot has changed.   I am looking forward to finding myself again after focusing my attention on others the last few years.   

I have no prior formal experience with GIS.  As a member of the Okaloosa County School Board I began researching esri based routing software packages to be used by our transportation department.   I found GIS to be an intriguing subject and wanted to know more.  I hope to obtain a graduate certificate to help me find a new career utilizing my previous engineering background and new GIS skill set.

My Story can be found at: http://arcg.is/1S9cmCF

Creating My Story Map was a challenge for me.   I had to create my story plan and find photos that would explain my background.  I created a public Picasa account to upload my photos.  I could not have completed these introductory assignments without having the videos to watch and the written instructions and tutorials.   These aids were a tremendous help.

Enrolling in these courses is definitely taking me out of my comfort zone!  

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I'm a student of Geography in one of the Nigerian Universities. Please I will appreciate if you can humanly assist me with practical approach to GIS. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete